Fusion available in 94112?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by George » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:51 am
I keep getting "Oops! We weren't able to find the address you entered. Please try another address or call 1 (888) 766-4233 for assistance." when I try to use the website.

Is Fusion available in 94112?

Also, I have naked DSL from AT&T and my phone number is with Vonage VoIP. Is it possible to switch away from AT&T DSL and port my number from Vonage?
by George » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 pm
Ok, the prequal for my address works now.

But it only lets me do it with the $75 Full Install charge. I have AT&T naked DSL. So is installation charge exempted only for AT&T landlines?
The website rejects my DSL number (it's formatted like a phone number).
by rodrigo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:06 pm
Yes, the installation charge is only exempted for voice lines. "Save $75 when you switch from standard AT&T voice service!"

The reason is that, with voice lines, the circuit can simply be switched (hot-cut) over to Sonic.net hardware, without the need for a technician visit. Otherwise, a separate line is activated and the wires must be switched at your phone box by an installer.
by George » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:44 pm
rodrigo wrote:Yes, the installation charge is only exempted for voice lines. "Save $75 when you switch from standard AT&T voice service!"
But on this page it says:
"If you are switching existing AT&T DSL and/or land-line telephone service to Sonic.net Fusion℠, we can make use of your existing line, and you can choose to install the service yourself..."

The "or" portion makes me believe that having DSL only should be enough to qualify. Or is the statement misworded?
by rodrigo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:54 pm
Hmm, good catch. It is misworded, but that's a tough one to word and stay succinct. If you have land-line telephone service and AT&T DSL, we can use the existing line. If you have land-line telephone service and no DSL, we can use the existing line. If you have DSL but no land-line service, we can not use the existing line. I've edited the text to be a little clearer.
by George » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 pm
Thanks for clarifying.

I noticed that during the sign up process the website asks me to choose a new phone number. I want to use the number that's currently with Vonage VoIP. Is number porting possible? Should I go ahead and complete the sign up process with a new number (assuming you can port my old number later)?
by rodrigo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:38 pm
Since a new line is being run, a new number must be chosen. It should be possible to port your existing Vonage number over after, so long as the area code for the number matches the area code for your service address. We have ported quite a few Vonage numbers over, and I remember that being one issue that would cause a hangup in the process.
by kevingtan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:40 am
George wrote: Is Fusion available in 94112?
Yes! i live in the 94112 and i am able to get around 6Mbps because of the distance from our CO
8 posts Page 1 of 1