Goodbye Sonic, for now

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Jason » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 am
I wanted to stay with Sonic.net as much as I can in support of a local ISP despite increasingly less attractive AT&T line-shared Sonic DSL. Connection was rock solid at 5Mbps, but for $60 including the cost of the required AT&T phone service which I don’t need/use, it wasn’t one of the better values.

I have been waiting for Fusion in my area (Pleasanton) thinking Sonic, as a local ISP, would eventually deploy Fusion service in this part of the Bay Area before it expanded to out of the area. When I heard Sonic started building Fusion 400 miles away in southern California, I felt betrayed for a few seconds. Well, after all Sonic is just another ISP that must follow economic principal. I followed the same economic principal, and switch to the cable, this time their business class that doesn’t have a cap.

Even though Sonic has lost my support as a local ISP, I hope Sonic does well and eventually deploy fiber I can switch back to in my area.
by dane » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm
We decided not to build the 680 corridor during the initial Northern California build out. This decision was influenced by factors including density, distance from the East Bay for installation and repair, and cost. It may make it back onto the list in future, as we complete more dense regions and come back to fill in.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gp1628 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:59 am
Is there any kindof "email notify me when"?
Or, is there a webpage that gets updated and googled, then I can just setup an automated google "search regularly and email me when"
by dane » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:08 am
gp1628 wrote:Is there any kindof "email notify me when"?
Or, is there a webpage that gets updated and googled, then I can just setup an automated google "search regularly and email me when"
Yes, the Fusion prequal page which provides the results offers to add your email address to a database for notification.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1