Connection Issue: Smart/RG? Network? Ideas Please

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by sfjenniches » Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 am
We're Gigabit customers from the initial SF buildout and recently moved three blocks away. At both households, we've had the gateway to router to hardwired apple time machine in back of house.

House 1: Pace router
House 2: Smart/RG

At house one we never had a single problem with connections. I'm not sure we ever had to power cycle the router. At house two we have a daily issue of needing to power cycle in order to connect both via ethernet and wireless. On my mac laptop I get a message that my computer has self set an IP address and can't connect to the internet. The power cycle corrects this. This happens on multiple platforms, Mac, PC, iPhone, Android phone. We're on our second Smart/RG router and it is still happening.

Any ideas on how to correct it would be appreciated. Not looking to purchase any equipment.
by miken » Mon May 28, 2018 8:50 am
Give our Support a call and see if we can send you a Pace 5268AC instead of a SmartRG. It sounds like there is some double NAT going on since you have that apple time machine connected behind our router. The Pace 5268AC has a different subnet which should stop that from happening.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1