Bonded FTTN: Single Pair Failure Apparently Would Result in Full Loss of Service

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by arnok95120 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:28 pm
According to the following two posts, from 2015 and 2018, Bonded FTTN service apparently would fail if one of the two pairs failed. That is, in that event, service would not continue on the remaining pair (i.e., at its lower bandwidth). This apparently would be due to the way that the resold AT&T service was implemented.

- "Only after I got x2 going did I become aware that the design currently in use requires both pairs to be operating for the internet access to work. I had thought that I would be getting redundancy, not adding points of failure, by signing up for the faster product." [10/5/2015]
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3154&hilit=bonded+speed

- "As a bonded pair account, if one line drops and the other cannot support total bandwidth needed, will have no service." [5/16/2018]
https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet ... -p/5520066

Is this actually currently true for the Sonic's Bonded FTTN service? That is, does Sonic's current FTTN Bonded implementation result in a full loss of service in the event that a single pair fails?

Note that, by sharp contrast, on Sonic's Bonded Fusion (i.e., non-FTTN) service, if a single pair fails, service continues on the surviving pair (albeit, of course, at the bandwidth of that pair).
1 post Page 1 of 1