Use multiple static IPs with Pace 5268AC modem in bridge mode

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by ngi » Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 pm
Hello,

I have a Pace 5268AC modem in bridge mode. I have 4 static IPs. I've never had a problem connecting my computer or router/firewall to the bridged modem and use a single static IP. Today I tried connecting my laptop to one of the free ports on the modem and configuring my computer with one of the available static IPs. When I ping the gateway or google I get very few replies and mostly timeouts. I'm talking like 20 seconds between 1-3 replies.

I have not been able to try disconnecting the firewall connected to the modem because I can't take down the whole office.

Shouldn't I be able to connect multiple devices with static IPs to the modem while in bridged mode??

Any ideas on what could be the issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
by ngufra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:32 am
I have never tried to use more than 1 static ip, for the router, but i suspect you need to do more than specifiy the static ip on the computer.
I would think the simplest way would be a hub after the modem and connect the router and the computer which wants the second ip on the hub.
Possibly put the computer on the router but tell the router to put the computer in DMZ (or pass through)
see http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r311534 ... ace-5268AC

I am sure sonic could help you. dial 611.
2 posts Page 1 of 1