Intermittent slowness!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by ckwong23 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:58 pm
I have been a customer for many months now and talked with support many times, had ATT come out (they fixed something outside), switched out the modem but I continue to have issues of slowness where my connections comes to a crawl. I just did a speedtest and I am getting 1.9 mbps.... can someone give me an idea of how to solve this? I love what sonic is all about and don't want to have to go back to Comcast or something but I can't even watch a YouTube video without it pausing.
by ckwong23 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:20 pm
Just reset the modem and got up to 11mbps but I shouldn't have to do that... any way around this?
by dane » Sun May 27, 2012 11:08 pm
Do ring support for loop troubleshooting.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ckwong23 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:30 am
dane wrote:Do ring support for loop troubleshooting.
I guess that is my point... I have called several times tried all of the above spending a lot of my time working with support.... and still 6 months later the same type of behavior. I hate comcast but I must say I did not have to invest this much time into talking with their support. As mentioned, I support your company but if I have to continue calling/posting it is just not worth the savings as the frustration with crawling internet speeds is pretty unacceptable these days.
by dane » Tue May 29, 2012 9:27 pm
Have we had a technician on premise? Clearly, we must resolve the issue - if they haven't dispatched to your site, please call support!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Tom » Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 am
I'm having the same problem and the same experience. The support guys have been great, but I've spent several hours trying to fix a problem that just popped up one day after a year of no problems. I don't want to be the technician on my own system. That's what I pay a monthly subscription for.

How do I get a technician out to my premises? ATT has already been out.
by dane » Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 am
Tom wrote:How do I get a technician out to my premises? ATT has already been out.
Do test at the test jack at your minimum point of entry/network interface box - then if it's unreliable there as well, support will dispatch a technician. It may take more than one visit, particularly to resolve an intermittent issue, they can be quite challenging.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1