Issues with Zyxel P-663HN-51

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by sbrudenell » Mon May 21, 2012 1:53 pm
I've had severe issues with the basic functionality of the P-663HN-51, and I was wondering if anyone else had had the same.

1) Its DNS server doesn't work at all. It worked for a few minutes when my service was first installed, but quickly failed. I tried restarting and resetting the router, with no effect. I could only use the router by overriding my DNS settings when connecting.

2) Intermittent periods of strikingly poor wireless performance. Occasionally, I experience 2000ms ping times to the router itself (192.168.1.1), and the wireless signal strength appears to drop off dramatically (one bar of signal strength, from a laptop in the same room as the modem). After a few hours, this situation resolves itself, and the router behaves normally.

I've since put the unit into bridge mode and disabled its wireless, and am now using my own NAT router. But has anyone else seen issues like this? Did I just get a bad unit, or does Sonic need to reevaluate its end-user equipment? :\
1 post Page 1 of 1