Fusion second line down for almost a MONTH

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by wicaeed » Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 am
Greetings,

I just wanted to voice my displeasure with Sonics handling of a recent issue my apartment has been having with our Fusion service.

Before I go into complaint mode, some details: My roommates and I first signed on with Sonic.Net almost a full year ago. I found the techs easy to work with and competent at resolving some of the issues we were seeing with our Fusion service. They went so far as to provide us with a second modem at no cost when we ran into an issue with our service a few months after we signed on. So good marks all around there.

That being said, almost a year later we have another issue with our service running at about half the speed we were used to seeing. Using the troubleshooting steps I had been given by Sonic technicians I was able to tell pretty quickly that one of our lines was disconnected. I called up Sonic.net support and after an almost 30 minute wait period I spoke with a technician who insisted on performing the basic troubleshooting steps that I had already done myself (power off/power on, is it plugged in, line filters on the phone lines plugged in?) previously.

A little back-story at this point: As part of the initial setup in our apartment building a Sonic.net technician had come onsite to connect up the fusion service. As our building is fairly new, it has telco rooms located on every floor, with a neat little patch panel in the apartment and an RJ-45 jack in each room. When the technician came onsite to do the original install they connected the Fusion service in the telco room (I guess bonded the two lines together would be the correct term?) and installed a line directly to our apartment that had the Fusion service running on it (its a separate line that isn't plugged into the patch panel, it goes directly to the ADSL port on our modem). At the time of the install the technician let us know that the information regarding the connection point being located in the telco room was documented in our account.

After about 30 minutes of back-and-forth with the technician (who was insisting that A) we connect a phone up to our RJ-11 jacks to see if we had a dial-tone, all the while me informing him that no, there wouldn't be a dial tone as the service was never plugged in to our phone jack in the first place (are you sure?? YES!), or B) connect a phone directly to either Fusion line individually and see if there was dial tone, which wasn't really possible as the location is only accessible by maintenance staff or by appointment, and we don't have any phone equipment in the first place to test with) he informed me that they couldn't place an order for a truck roll unless they performed their basic troubleshooting steps without charging my account first.

At that point I had to speak to a manager to get things resolved, which took another 30 minutes. They did end up scheduling a truck roll once they contacted the original technician who performed the install, but it took them two WEEKS to get to our apartment, which was on a Sunday, the only day our apartment management office is closed (totally my fault as I brain farted on that fact :( ) which caused us to have to wait another two weeks for a second truck roll to be scheduled for this coming Tuesday.

And that's not even to resolve the issue, that's to verify that everything is correct on Sonics end, and if it is, having to escalate the issue to AT&Ts side to determine the problem...god knows how long that is going to take.

All this for ~10Mbps service that is costing us 90 bucks a month (Thanks Voice Federal/Universal Subscriber Line Charge Fee!!!)

Seriously Sonic, get your act together
by polpo » Mon May 21, 2012 11:55 am
Is your modem actually in the telco room, with ethernet running to the RJ-45 in your apartment? Or is the modem in your apartment? If the modem is in your apartment, there should be dial tone on the two pairs that terminate at that RJ45. For example, you could plug in an adapter like this one, and get dial tone on the L1 and L2 ports. If you only have dial tone on one of them, that means one of the lines is completely disconnected.
2 posts Page 1 of 1