Fusion service to Cupertino 95014

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by Chi » Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm
Hi
Any update on Fusion availability to Cupertino, CA zip:95014
Back when Fusion was launched, I was told it should happen soon, but I have been waiting 2+ years :)

I see its available in all the surrounding cities in the South Bay area, but for some reason not in my city!
Thanks,
/c
by polpo » Thu May 17, 2012 4:24 pm
I'm in 95014 (in Rancho Rinconada) and have Fusion. You may be too far away from the central office or behind an RT. I think most of Cupertino is pretty far away from the CO (I'm on SNJSCA12 and approximately 9000 wire feet away).
by dane » Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 am
If you check for service using the website, it will tell you if you are too far, or behind an RT.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by chithi » Fri May 18, 2012 12:45 pm
dane wrote:If you check for service using the website, it will tell you if you are too far, or behind an RT.
Yes, it says I am 6975 feet behind a remote terminal.
What is the minimum distance? and any plan to add more?
by chithi » Fri May 18, 2012 12:50 pm
polpo wrote:I'm in 95014 (in Rancho Rinconada) and have Fusion. You may be too far away from the central office or behind an RT. I think most of Cupertino is pretty far away from the CO (I'm on SNJSCA12 and approximately 9000 wire feet away).
Thanks for that info - I am on the other side (west) of cupertino, looks like distance from San Jose is actually the cause of the problem!!
by wa2ibm » Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm
chithi wrote: Yes, it says I am 6975 feet behind a remote terminal.
If you're behind an RT, you won't be able to get Fusion service. You can get legacy DSL service from Sonic on top of your AT&T phone number, that's it.
by chithi » Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm
wa2ibm wrote:
chithi wrote: Yes, it says I am 6975 feet behind a remote terminal.
If you're behind an RT, you won't be able to get Fusion service. You can get legacy DSL service from Sonic on top of your AT&T phone number, that's it.
So - is there no way to service such customers?
I doubt if AT&T is ever going to add another CO (ever). Any way around this?

I really need speeds > 5mbps, DSL doesnt cut it. And I would like to stay away from uverse or comcast
by polpo » Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 pm
chithi wrote: So - is there no way to service such customers?
I doubt if AT&T is ever going to add another CO (ever). Any way around this?

I really need speeds > 5mbps, DSL doesnt cut it. And I would like to stay away from uverse or comcast
This is why Sonic.net is starting to roll out fiber. They're locked out of the RTs by AT&T. Check out the post by Dane at the end of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=300#p1781
8 posts Page 1 of 1