AT&T stringing fiber behind my house

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
54 posts Page 1 of 6
by bobrk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:13 am
I’m a longtime Fusion FTTN customer in downtown San Jose and I’m torn…
by dane » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am
bobrk wrote:I’m a longtime Fusion FTTN customer in downtown San Jose and I’m torn…
We have made some good progress on leasing ATT fiber to deliver gigabit service. So, if and when their website indicates that they’d be able to deliver a service, let me know and we’ll cross-check.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bobrk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 pm
Thanks, Dane, I’ll keep an eye on it.
by steelgaze » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:03 pm
Dane, I hope that is a stop gap measure, and Sonic will continue to deploy it's own network.

I hate to see all the new customers lured in and seeing themselves slapped with an mandatory rental fee
by bobrk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm
I don’t mind the rental fee as long as my money is going to Sonic.
by Marin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 am
dane wrote:
bobrk wrote:I’m a longtime Fusion FTTN customer in downtown San Jose and I’m torn…
We have made some good progress on leasing ATT fiber to deliver gigabit service. So, if and when their website indicates that they’d be able to deliver a service, let me know and we’ll cross-check.
Dane, would that be limited to San Jose or your comment refers to AT&T's Fiber deployment in the Bay Area in general?
Will that offer be shown in the qualifying tool on the Sonic website or does it require calling Sonic support?

AT&T is closed to be done with the splicing of their Fiber deployment in Mill Valley, so I'm curious.
by dane » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 am
Marin wrote:
dane wrote:
Dane, would that be limited to San Jose or your comment refers to AT&T's Fiber deployment in the Bay Area in general?
Will that offer be shown in the qualifying tool on the Sonic website or does it require calling Sonic support?

AT&T is closed to be done with the splicing of their Fiber deployment in Mill Valley, so I'm curious.
We are in dialog about wholesale access via their fiber, but it's not final. If/when your site is actually offered retail gigabit, check in and lets see if we can offer it to you instead!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by timyu94 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:26 am
dane wrote:
Marin wrote:
dane wrote:

We are in dialog about wholesale access via their fiber, but it's not final. If/when your site is actually offered retail gigabit, check in and lets see if we can offer it to you instead!
Does this also bode well for those on the FTTN regarding access to the 75/100 tiers?
by dane » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm
timyu94 wrote: Does this also bode well for those on the FTTN regarding access to the 75/100 tiers?
For sites with fiber, it may result in a 50Mbps, 100Mbps and 1Gbps set of offerings. We might also find a way to slot in the 75Mbps on FTTN, but that's TBD based upon wholesale costs offered, and I don't know yet.

Our main issue today is that premises where we are seeing folks with retail gigabit fiber are not showing as available in the platform API they've provided us, so we're struggling to connect those dots at the moment.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bobrk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:40 pm
dane wrote:Our main issue today is that premises where we are seeing folks with retail gigabit fiber are not showing as available in the platform API they've provided us, so we're struggling to connect those dots at the moment.
This is a fascinating topic. Has something changed in the industry that AT&T doesn't see competition in you reselling their connectivity now? I thought with the new media (fibre) that all bets were off, that there was no government incentive to allowing access to their new (not legacy) infrastructure.
54 posts Page 1 of 6