AT&T stringing fiber behind my house

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
54 posts Page 6 of 6
by bubba198 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:59 am
So here's a question: if AT&T site says that Gigapower is available how does one place Sonic order? Clearly Sonic's web site will say that Sonic isn't available on this address so I'm confused as to the order process here? Thanks
by igorru » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:44 am
bubba198 wrote:So here's a question: if AT&T site says that Gigapower is available how does one place Sonic order? Clearly Sonic's web site will say that Sonic isn't available on this address so I'm confused as to the order process here? Thanks
Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6798&start=20
by dkenglish7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:37 pm
Sonic availability now says AT&T fiber is available to me, up to 1000MBPS, in Oakland's Oakmore neighborhood. However I am skeptical and want to double-check my situation. AT&T fiber is on poles on my street, but the utility run from the pole is underground, down a long shared driveway into my cul-de-sac. Only copper pairs and Comcast coax run beneath the driveway, parallel to gas and electric lines, about 150-200ft.

Would AT&T really run fiber in this situation, or would I be bait&switched to FTTN/copper to the house?

Thanks,
by bobrk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:10 pm
I see that Sonic fiber (via ATT) is now available to me now, and I'm happy. This will probably be happening soon, but I would like to hear from folks who are already doing it...
54 posts Page 6 of 6