DSL In and Out the Past Hour

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by dave1021 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 pm
DSL seems to be dropping in and out the past hour. I've also noticed this happening just about every night between 8 and 9pm. Those usually go on for five minutes or so and end with the DSL and internet lights going out on my modem and then coming back in what looks like a reboot. Is this just me? Is there something I can do? Is there something you can do?
by dave1021 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:55 pm
Just after I posted this, it got worse. I was doing a work-related task that should have taken me 15 minutes - with all the dropping, it took nearly an hour.
by dane » Sun May 13, 2012 3:20 pm
Call support?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wulfy » Sun May 13, 2012 11:55 pm
yea' i'm the exact same issues (in daly city); its been intermittently dropping out (the middle 2 lights on the router...its mos def the phone line or isp); its getting very frustrating.. especially since support is no longer available to call now....
by dave1021 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:39 am
I get a kick out of how the CEO gets on these boards to respond. Can you take over my cell phone company?
by alex.okita » Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 am
Same here, lower potrero hill area. I'll have to call support when i get home. it was doing so well for the past few months too.
by dane » Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 pm
dave1021 wrote:I get a kick out of how the CEO gets on these boards to respond. Can you take over my cell phone company?
Naw, we gotta stick to what we can do well. Mobile is a quagmire.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wulfy » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm
well its mos def reassuring to see that the CEO cares enough to make sure his customer base is taken care of etc....
by dave1021 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:27 pm
FYI, I spoke with a support person last night (Joseph, I think - my memory's shot!) when the old in-and-out started - around 8:30. He has several troubleshooting steps he wants to go through, which unfortunately, right at the moment I'm too busy to go through (big workload, then out of town Saturday thru Tuesday). One thing we talked about was outside interference and I mentioned that when we had ATT, we were using a Netgear modem and never had this sort of problem. We might try reinstalling the Netgear device and see if we still get the dropouts. One other thing he mentioned in passing (and I saw in your FAQ) was interference caused by malfunctioning streetlamps. I looked outside and the streetlamp in front of our house IS malfunctioning! I called the city today and they should be fixing if in the next week or so.

Anyway, hopefully we'll clear it all up. Thanks to your Support Team - they're great!
by wulfy » Tue May 15, 2012 6:12 pm
internet....fixed

gave support a call late last night (after a series of emails during the day, during which they ran some line tests etc); called them at 10:20PM, started talking to "Dave" at 10:40PM, but 10:50PM he was able to diagnosis that there was an issue with the outside line, and placed a work order with AT&T....

AT&T showed up this morning at 8am and discovered that there was an issue with their box at the end of the street, less than 12 hours after my initial call (95% of which was off business hours): problem is remedied.

Thanks, and great job,

-w
10 posts Page 1 of 1