Pace 5268: putting Wi-Fi on the same network as the LAN subport

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:55 pm
This is probably a long shot, but would it be possible to put the Wi-Fi clients on the Pace 5268 on the same local network as that of one of the LAN subports, so that I can use my own router (an older one with only 802.11n, but with a custom firmware that I like), plus the Pace unit for 802.11ac speed, while being on the same local network as the clients connected on my router? My router is connected on one of the ethernet ports that I assigned as a LAN subport.

(I'm doing gymnastics to try to get the best of both worlds in 802.11ac and the custom firmware that I like, without shelling out money to buy a newer router of my own and putting the Pace unit on bridged mode.)

I think I can get part of what I want by using my router only for DHCP and DNS, and letting the Pace unit be the wireless AP and router. But some of the features I like about my current router's firmware are the traffic stats, being able to micromanage QoS, etc.
1 post Page 1 of 1