Usenet Status?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by scasse » Sun May 06, 2012 10:18 am
What is the current status of sonic.news and supernews? I know support is basically gone and service is probably not too far behind but is there any possibility of keeping and maintaining one of the two servers? I use the ba.internet and comp.sys.mac.systems a lot and would really hate to lose that access. As it were, I posted a query in ba.internet on Friday and then responded to an answer on Saturday but nothing appeared. I responded again thinking I hadn't hit the Post button and it's still not there. I just did two test postings from both servers and they are there. Most distressing :cry:
by kgc » Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am
news.sonic.net should be up and running now just fine and at a glance I don't see any indication that we're having any issues relaying local posts out to the world at large. Did the posts show up at supernews? Long term support of news is still up in the air.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by scasse » Mon May 07, 2012 12:57 pm
The posts never showed up in the thread that I was responding too (at least as of yesterday afternoon) but sending test posts to alt.test from both servers showed up so maybe it was just one of those things. I am seeing current postings in other groups from both servers so who knows what it was. Thanks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1