Performance Issues with Intermittent or Slow Connectivity

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by chrisgillis » Thu May 03, 2012 10:01 pm
I am having constant connectivity issues on my OS X 10.7.3 machine with a ZTE 831 modem and my Fusion service, which I recently got hooked up. This is not new and happened with my ATT DSL service after hooking the current (then new) machine up to the existing service.

The connection does work in some way, occasionally just fine and other times glacially slow (think less that a 14.4 modem). It’s random and different browsers exhibit the same behavior. The physical connections from machine to phone line is working just fine, so no wobbly wires or other physical issues. Also, it does not appear to be a DNS issue, as I can resolve sonic.net and 209.204.190.64 with the same reliability.

I suspect something needs to be flushed out or pointed in another direction. My issue is that I don’t know how to diagnose. My Google fu is not getting clarity on solutions. Thus, I ask for a bit of guidance.

Is there a simple solution to this problem? Or suggested paths to guide me out of this?

Thanks for any help!
by virtualmike » Thu May 03, 2012 10:18 pm
I'd recommend contacting Support to start diagnosis of the line. From your Fusion line, dial 611.
2 posts Page 1 of 1