New "service" question

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by charliezxo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:56 pm
I ordered Sonic on 3/3. Well here we are 2 1/2 weeks later and I have no link. Att and Sonic play the blame game, I've had 5 visits. 3 of them were att. This last visit was a co-op, but the sonic tech was only on the phone with att tech. The att tech left without a word, but sonic sends me a text saying I'm all good to go, just cross connect the Interior lines in the box, give us a ring to help you through it. Yeah, that's nice and all, but since Att had to run a new line, the only wire coming out is from the test block directly to the modem, sitting on the window sill of the open window two feet from the outside box so the tech, had they actually been there would CLEARLY BE ABLE TO SEE THAT THERE IS STILL NO LINK.
They sent a Pace 56 blah blah blah modem which is what I think is the problem. Anyone have a similar experience?
by dct » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:01 pm
Hey Charlie,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience; it sounds like it's been a rough couple of weeks, and well outside of the experience we hope to provide for our customers.

I took a look at the series of events since your order, and I definitely understand why you feel like it's a blame game between us and AT&T. When we qualify your address with our tools, it shows that you are ~4kft from the CO, the central office from which your service should be coming from. That said, AT&T is reporting ~40,000kft, which is the difference between obtaining viable service and the height at which commercial airlines travel - there's obviously something off here.

This might be something that can be addressed through a conditioning order - sometimes there's a glut of buried telephone line from a downed pole nearby, or a massive wiring issue somewhere - but it's hard to say what the actual cause is. What we know is that we believe that you should be within our service footprint, and AT&T's measurements have you in excess of 40kft away from our equipment.

I believe that one of our representatives should have left you a voicemail a short while ago explaining the situation. If that is not the case, please let me know. If you have any questions or concerns moving forward, don't hesitate to private message me so that we can discuss this further.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1