Fusion service in Glendale (LA Area) 91202?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by danmet » Wed May 02, 2012 4:44 pm
I've been a Sonic.net customer for many years, but I'm impatiently waiting for Fusion service. I've heard Sonic is finally nearing a buildout here, so that's great news, but do we have any ETA for this service in the Glendale area?

Also is there a way to know if I'm behind a Remote Terminal? I also tried to check my distance to the local CO: 818-244, but no address is given for that site, so I don't know how far from CO I'm located.

If Fusion isn't going to hit this area soon I'm going to have to consider another ISP. Really don't want to do that, but speeds are a huge problem right now.
by dane » Thu May 03, 2012 10:49 pm
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by danmet » Fri May 04, 2012 1:47 pm
Thanks for that link to the CO address.

Hmmm. That puts me 1.9 miles from that CO on "squared" traffic routes the wiring is likely to take. Seems a bit far for my current DSL capable of 6.0mbps.

They have neighborhood remote terminals along the street all over the place that we typically get wired into for service. If I'm wired through one of those does it mean that Fusion wouldn't be available through that path?
by dane » Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm
Yes, correct - if you are behind an RT, Fusion will not be offered, sorry. For more on why not, see:
http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/09/02/am ... d-duopoly/

If you email support@sonic.net with your current AT&T DSL tel number, they can tell you if it's RT provisioned or CO.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by danmet » Sat May 05, 2012 12:58 pm
Thanks so much. Checked with support and it seems I am behind a remote terminal... That sucks as I was looking forward to fusion service.
5 posts Page 1 of 1