Koreatown LA

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Joe » Tue May 01, 2012 2:28 pm
I saw on another forum post that the initial plans for Fusion in Socal is triangle of Northridge, Arcadia, and San Pedro. Would that include Koreatown (zip 90005)? I looked at a map, but I'm new to the area so I'm not sure. I put my email address for notification, but I'm curious about timing. I'd prefer to be with Sonic because of it doesn't seem to hate their customers like AT&T and Time Warner are (CEOs complaining about heavy usage of a service they charge a premium for doesn't sit well), but it's hard to justify paying about as much for half the speed. If Fusion will roll out in the area in a few months, then I can wait. If it'll be another year or so then I'll go with someone else until Fusion is available.

Just as an fyi, I first heard about Sonic because of the article about the study looking at what causes slowdowns. Dane's posts in the forums sold me that Sonic is a company I'd like to do business with.

Thanks!
by dane » Tue May 01, 2012 4:30 pm
Yes, I believe that region will be covered in the next 3-6 months. But, CO distance is always a limiting factor, so find your local CO and see if it's nearby. This database may help: http://www.marigoldtech.com/lists/co.php

(Once the region is online, you'd be able to check for service using our website, but as it's not live, you would need to use alternate tools to estimate.)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Joe » Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm
Thanks for the reply. Looks like the CO is 1.6 miles (8448 ft) driving distance away. From what I googled, you offer service out to 17,000 feet but the speed may not be the best. 3-6 months...I may be able to hold out. :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1