Alternative Infrastructure

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by ibis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm
Hi!
I recently had some billing confusion with AT&T that resulted in my phone line being disconnected. Since I hadn't had to deal with AT&T in a while, I'd forgotten how much of a pain they'd been. My question is, are there any alternative options for us to get connectivity via sonic?

I live on the North end of Santa Rosa and a number of years back had Broadlink service. At that time the installer tech told me I was around 300 ft. from the Broadlink tower. Is it possible that the infrastructure providing that site still exists at all?

The copper running to my house has been pretty iffy. In the modem days I could never get more than about 26400 bps and have had a lot of issues with rain causing static in the line (this has been verified at the box on the side of the house).

I know it's a long shot, I just love Sonic and want to do what I can to eliminate what seems to be my main trouble point. At this point I'm willing to try some creative options to see if I can remove AT&T from the loop.

Thank you for all the service over the years!
by dane » Tue May 01, 2012 4:31 pm
No, I'm afraid not for your region - AT&T line-shared DSL is all we can offer there.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1