bad performance - back to comcast

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by hutchij » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:44 pm
I was so excited when Sonic reached mill valley. I ditched my comcast account and danced in the streets!! A little premature I guess. After 6 months with Sonic, I've never achieved more that about 2.5 Mbps and the latency seems generally worse. Adding to my frustration, the circuit periodically resets to <1Mpbs and stays there until I call the support line. The support guys are great, by the way. I just don't have time to be babysitting my broadband connection. As much as I hate to think about it, I'm probably going to have to go back to the evil empire next month. Any suggestions for alternatives would be appreciated.

John
by dane » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 pm
What's is your distance? (Ask support@sonic.net, from the ASSIA system.)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by thulsa_doom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm
In this case, it looks to be more a matter of impulse noise than raw distance. I'd be curious to see what the attenuation and SNR margins look like at the NID with this circuit.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by hutchij » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:32 pm
"I'd be curious to see what the attenuation and SNR margins look like at the NID with this circuit."

Is someone following up with this? Or should I assume I'm SOL.
by hutchij » Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 am
Waiting for the truck to see if the wiring is the problem. Really hope it can be improved.
by hutchij » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:25 am
5 billing cycles later, connection still drops constantly. Basically useless for me since every time the modem has to resync, I have to wait several minutes to get the connection back. Will be asking for a refund now.
by hutchij » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 pm
just canceled, no one bothered to ever get my service working but when my credit card rolled over to a new card, they were right on it. See ya sonic! Of course, it took two tries to post this cause the modem had to resync
by dane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm
Have you been working with support on this??
Dane Jasper
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1