Extremely slow internet speed

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by sonicyouth » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 pm
Hello Sonic and fellow users,

I've notticed that my direct connection to the modem provided constantly seems to drop connections at least twice everyday, it has been even worse as I've been having less than 1Mbps speed lately. Is this the normal service of what Sonic can provide? Any other users can relate? I'm on Fusion X2.
sonic.PNG
.23 Mbps molasses speed
sonic.PNG (63.55 KiB) Viewed 6250 times
by m.harmon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:26 pm
I am seeing your line bouncing up and down. Possible physical issue going on. Give our Support folks a call when you can and they will help you sort it out.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by Sonic Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:39 pm
It's also affecting FTTN (resold ATT U-verse). Quite a few people at http://downdetector.com/status/att/san-francisco have been complaining. No ETA from ATT. My connection is kinda good if I use speedtest and use an ATT server but anything outside ATT it's less than 3 Mbps.

Emailed Sonic support but not sure what else they could do except pass it along.

My parents in SF are on Sonic fiber aren't affected.
by hratsirarson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:53 pm
I am also on Fusion 2X, which is supposed to give me 20Mbps but my speed is 0.79Mbps for over two months now. Very disappointed with Sonic and I am ready to move on. I like working with locals, but this is not acceptable. By the way, calls to technicians will not solve anything, they do not even know what they are doing. Sorry, really fed up.
by miken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:48 am
The OP has a physical issue on their specific line - everyone else should be calling Support if you are seeing speed problems because it probably isn't a physical issue and if it is, we can get someone out to make a repair quickly.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by No internet » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 pm
This multi day drop in any workable speed is still going on in late June 2018. Wish my roommate didn’t switch us over or sonic would at least acknowledge and explain why.
by M kronski » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm
Been having the same trouble here with my fusion line over the last several weeks. Very annoying as I had gotten used to decent speed and now the Internet often drops to 2Mbps or less. Can’t wait for fiber to be available in this neighborhood.
by rmkey » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm
We saw the same trouble as the OP twice before. Once, it was the phone company's fault, once it was our fault. If you have the capability of doing so, try going to the phone company's box ("demarcation point") that is usually outside the house. If you're lucky, it will have a modular phone jack in it. Unplug the house, and plug your modem in where the house wiring used to connect. If the modem is steady and fast again, most likely something is messed up in the house wiring. If the modem still has the same symptoms, either the modem is bad, or it's a problem with the phone company (in this case, Sonic).
8 posts Page 1 of 1