Slow Download Speed or Freeze, Pace 5268AC, LAN subports

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by johnpong » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 am
Everything was fine for months and then I was getting slow internet. Typically, I get 19M down, 1.7M up. Then suddenly, I measured and it was 10M down, still 1.7M up.

I called support, but we didn't get anywhere, we do typical resets.
The NAT connection was fine, so we suspected my firewall.

I was about to run iperf testing on it, when I remembered that the previous firmware possibly had a problem with LAN subports. Basically, about a month ago the firmware upgraded, the modem would seem like it is frozen, the red button on the back doesn't work, service is down even after a few power cycles. But the NAT interface is still up and logging in and resetting there would unfreeze the modem. I think this issue may still exist.

Back to today, I have port 1 and port 2 assigned to LAN subports, out of the blue, I guessed that the modem was trying to balance the two. I set LAN subports to only 1 and after a leaky bucket like pattern 5 Mbps, then 4.. then down to 0. the issue is resolved, I get 19M down the LAN subport again.

I set it back to 2 ports just to verify and I was able to reproduce it. Just wanted to post this LAN subport problem, it took me 3 evenings to get it back to normal, hopefully for good.
1 post Page 1 of 1