Finding & adding new devices to router's whitelist?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by mljackson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi - I'm trying to figure out how to connect my Dropcam to my new Sonic internet service. Obviously, I'm not well versed in this area - but according to this help page (https://nest.com/support/article/What-i ... st-product)

I need to figure out how to: "check your router’s documentation to see how to add new devices to the whitelist. Once you’ve added your Nest product’s MAC address to the whitelist, you should be able to finish setup."

A Sonic support rep said they cant help because of liability reasons, however I have successfully accessed my router settings via gateway.sonic.net/admin. Any help/advice on how to add my dropcam's MAC address to my routers 'whitelist' would be killer, thank you in advance!
by miken » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:32 pm
That would only apply if you've enabled Mac Address Filtering, which is not something done by default on most routers. What part of the connection process are you getting stuck on?
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1