Creating an ISP

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm
I have been a Sonic.net customer, but I recently moved to Southern California. I want to learn how to create an ISP. If you know about this, or you know someone who knows, or you know of one or more websites that address ISP creation specifically, please pass on to me what you know.

Thank you,
Bruce
brucees@gmail.com
by dane » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm
I'd say the best resource I've found has been the peers at FISPA. You might consider joining - you did just miss their annual conference earlier this week though. Info at: http://www.fispa.org/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by New User » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 am
Isn't it a multi million dollar business?
by dane » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 pm
New User wrote:Isn't it a multi million dollar business?
That all depends upon what you are trying to do. For example in many rural markets, small individual operators have set up wireless ISPs on a very limited budget. But if you want to build fiber, or to deliver telephone or TV service, it's much more complex and expensive.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm
Guest wrote:I have been a Sonic.net customer, but I recently moved to Southern California. I want to learn how to create an ISP. If you know about this, or you know someone who knows, or you know of one or more websites that address ISP creation specifically, please pass on to me what you know.

Thank you,
Bruce
brucees@gmail.com

Will you need investors ??? Do you have a solid business plan or is this still in infancy ?
5 posts Page 1 of 1