Fiber Available at 1100.Block of Balboa?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by AdamH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:00 am
ATT was installing fiber on the overhead poles over the last couple months. I've now received promotions and verification from their website that I have gitabit speed available at my address. Does this mean Sonic can offer it at my address as well?

I currently have the x2 service capping out at 40gb so this would be a major upgrade.
by miken » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 am
Parts of Balboa have Sonic Fiber availability. The best way to find out if we can get to your address specifically would be to check https://sonic.com/availability
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by spindle79 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:57 am
I check the availability page at least once a week, but I'm trying to determine whether it will be expanding in this area. Fiber lines are up and AT&T is actively promoting it in the neighborhood for very reasonable prices.

Our upload speeds are so slow that my phone syncing photos can cause connection timeouts across all devices in my house. Is there a plan to expand to the 1100 block of Balboa?
by miken » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 am
If I'm not mistaken you're on an East to West street which is not currently feasible for us to build out to. We may be able to provide Fiber in the future, but as of yet we don't have any concrete plans for those streets.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by spindle79 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 am
Thanks Miken.

I received an email yesterday stating that it was coming to my location. So, is this not the case?
Sonic is bringing Gigabit Fiber Internet to your location! You lucky duck. That means symmetric speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps, along with the reliability and the super friendly customer service you already know and love from Sonic. On top of all that, Gigabit Fiber Internet is likely equal to or less than what you’re currently paying for Sonic service.

There’s no action required from you at this time. So for now, sit back, relax, and keep an eye out for those Sonic trucks. We’ll contact you as soon as you can upgrade.
by miken » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am
;)
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by spindle79 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Just heard from the sales team that the engineers said the PG&E pole was considered unsafe for installation to my address. I called PG&E and had them come out to take a look at the poles, my house, and the potential for installation and they said it should be a "walk in the park" for your team.

Who should I connect with at Sonic to understand what the issue is with the installation? If this is something AT&T can offer and PG&E doesn't see any problems, I'm unclear as what the roadblock could be.

Thanks!
by miken » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:18 am
I'll get this information over to the right people and send you a personal message here on the Forums with more information once I have it.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1