Sonic in Morgan Hill?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by tlp95129 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 pm
Does anyone know if Sonic Fusion or ADSL is available in Morgan Hill? I looked up the CO's and only found a Verizon one, probably inherited from GTE. I don't know if Sonic has any line leasing arrangements with Verizon like they do with AT&T.

If not Sonic, can anyone recommend a good ISP, other than Comcast?
by wa2ibm » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:56 pm
As far as I know, Sonic only offers service out of AT&T central offices, they don't have any agreements with Verizon.

You might ant to try South Valley Internet: http://www.garlic.com/
by thulsa_doom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm
Unfortunately Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Los Gatos, and Novato are all islands of Verizon incumbency that we do not have direct access to. We cannot get old-fashioned ADSL1 out to those areas, either.

John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:23 pm
I will second the recommendation of South Valley Internet. They're the good local folks down there.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 am
thulsa_doom wrote:... islands of Verizon incumbency ...
I'm surprised that Verizon hasn't sold them to AT&T. It sold Crescent City, Klamath, Orick, and Smith River a few years back (to Frontier).

Of course, those rate centers probably don't generate the same revenue as Novato, Morgan Hill, Las Gatos, etc.
5 posts Page 1 of 1