native v6 for fiber customers availbility?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by noahwallach » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:08 pm
Hi,
When will native IPv6 be available for fiber?
Cheers
by danielg4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm
I opted out of the SmartRG rental and connected a repurposed device running OpenWrt instead. I configured 6RD the same as I once did for Fusion ADSL, and I got IPv6 connectivity right away. However, instead of a gigabit, a speed test showed around ten megabits for download and a hundred for upload, so I turned off IPv6 and went back to a gigabit. I guess we just have to wait until it's announced.
by soniclvr » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 pm
I get around 200-300Mbps using 6RD, but I'm unsure of the limiting factor. It's either my ASUS 66U or Sonic's 6RD gateway. I turned it off too until they come out with native ipv6.

I know it's a bit silly to complain of "only" 200mbps up/down ipv6 connection but I actually have things wired up and using services that will hit 500mbits easily (google drive/cloud backup...) so it's a bit silly to lose speed just to have ipv6, which frankly, I can still totally live without.
by soniclvr » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm
An update about 6RD.

I switched to the rental router provided by Sonic and I'm getting much faster 6RD speeds with it. About 700mbps down/ 500mbps up on ipv6 on a wire connection.

Was getting 100mbpish both ways with my asus AC66U so it was definitely the bottleneck.
by danielg4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm
I'm getting well over 900Mbps up on IPv4, so even 500Mbps doesn't seem attractive. However, can anyone from Sonic confirm that the SmartRG rental routers still use the same 6RD settings as on the Sonic wiki? The bottlenecks at play still aren't all obvious.
5 posts Page 1 of 1