Unable to operate Pace 5268ac gateway in bridge mode with FTTN service

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by sunilsj » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am
It is my understanding that the Pace 5268ac gateway cannot be operated in bridge mode when used in conjunction with FTTN service due to restrictions imposed by ATT. I would like to use my own WiFi router. Is it possible to relax this restriction? Thanks.
by JDL » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm
I would like to do the same. The inability to do this is making me question my Sonic service.
by SonicGuest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 am
Have you tried using DMZ plus mode?
by sysops » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm
Yeah as SonicGuest mentioned, DMZPlus is what you want to look at for bridging.

The DMZPlus device will get a public (WAN) IP address and virtually all traffic will be passed through without any firewalling.

For all intents and purposes, this is "bridge" mode on UVerse routers. You'll be able to do all the port forwarding, firewalling, and whatever else you want from your DMZPlus device and still be able to max out your FTTN speeds with no performance penalty.

Even on non-Sonic ATT UVerse services this is the closest you'll get to bridge mode.
Proud Sonic customer since 1999. Ask me about internet privacy, VPN, anonymity and security.
by sunilsj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:29 pm
This suggestion (DMZPlus) is too advanced for me. Will Sonic Support help me set it up? Will I have to do my own confIguration management, firewall setup, etc.? I am not knowledgeable enough to do so.
5 posts Page 1 of 1