Mounting the Pace 5268ac gateway on the wall

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by sunilsj » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 am
The Pace 5268ac gateway has a high-performance 4x4 MIMO 802.11AC wireless interface. In order to benefit from this high-performance wireless interface, I would like to mount it on the wall closer to the ceiling so that all devices on the entire floor have ‘line of sight’ access to the gateway in order to reduce the probability of interference. Is it possible for Sonic to make mounting hardware available that may be used to mount the gateway on the wall? Thanks.
by Hardware_Store » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 am
That will look ridiculous and likely make no discernible difference in performance, but I'd imagine $5 worth of small L-brackets and 3M double-sided tape would probably work fine.
by dane » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 pm
I'd speculate that the antenna tilt and RF design presumes desktop level siting for the modem, so I wouldn't suggest trying to put it higher in the room.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by digitalbitstream » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 am
You can experiment with a "ground plane": a cookie tin will do nicely. Connecting it to earth ground is probably but not necessarily needed. WiFi signals hate walls (especially lathe & plaster). Angles matter more than "up high", so if you have a spot that's getting poor throughput, try drawing an imaginary line and move things to go straight through a wall, rather than through a wall at a shallow angle (the closer to 0 degree the worse, the closer to 90 the better).
by dragonsclaw » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 am
I use a https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-Str ... /100375233 attached to the wall with anchors and a nylon, buckle strap.(threaded between wall and bracket).
There is a slight outward lean,
(I do not use the built in WiFi). The main desk is not against the wall and other connections are used, including jacks on the wall.
5 posts Page 1 of 1