Mesh Network Options

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by michael.cunningham » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 am
I am running Fusion x2 are love performance improvements since joining Sonic. Now that I have solid high speed service, my wifi dead spots in my 2 story condo are no longer acceptable. I am thinking of replacing old Apple Airpots (3) with Linksys Velop Tri-band WiFi Mesh System. I plan to install behind Pace router. Any sugesstions on setup or other mesh equipment? I plan to hardwire Velop to Pace router and turn off Pace Wifi. Should work?
by flyinghoop » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm
I was looking at Velop mesh wifi too. I'd like to know if this set up will work with Sonic's router.
by michael.cunningham » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 am
I recently got access to eero and installed as stated above. The base station is hardwired to Pace which is downstairs. Pace is NOT in bridge mode and handling all routing. A beacon unit is upstairs. Eeros are NOT in bridge mode either, effectively using eero as wifi mesh. Improved weak wifi spots but a factor of 4 but running at 1/2 my gateway speed. Rest of condo wifi is running close to gateway speeds which is also an improvement from older solution. Will add a second beacon (3rd unit) to improve performance. They say 1000sq ft per unit. My condo is 2400. Update to follow.
3 posts Page 1 of 1