Are the check availability tools 100% reliable?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by takotaco » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:34 am
A year or so ago AT&T had a contractor come out and run fiber to my home, he made it sound like gigabit service would be available after that, but every now and then I check AT&T and sonic.net for availability and neither says I have it. I wonder why they would have run a line to my house if it wasn't going to be of any use? I guess just building out future infrastructure as needed? Or is there a way for me to ask somebody who can evaluate my eligibility beyond these automated "check availability" tools?
by m.harmon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:57 am
They are about as accurate is possible. Might be able to get some insight but would need your home address. Could you send me a PM?
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by takotaco » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 pm
Thanks for the reply, I don't think I can PM without having a sonic.net login, but I can say my general vicinity is the montecito meadow neighborhood in Santa Rosa.
by m.harmon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:55 am
Sonic hasn't done any residential fiber work in Santa Rosa yet and I don't have any estimated time for your area. As for the line that ATT ran? Not sure. That seems strange they would run a line and just ignore it.

P.S Unfortunately we do not have access to AT&T's fiber lines.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by ddf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:05 pm
Sorry to hijack,

But can you also comment on the form post about the 1500 block on york
5 posts Page 1 of 1