Can I block one PC on my LAN from the internet?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by rrichard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm
I'm using Sonic's default modem/router, a Pace 4111N-030. Is there any way to configure this so that one PC on my LAN has no internet access but can only communicate with the other devices on the LAN (which do have internet access)? I'm pretty sure this can be done with conventional routers like Linksys, Netgear, etc.

I hope this question is clear, and hasn't been asked too many times before. I couldn't find any previous threads.
by rrichard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm
As an alternative, is there a way to put the Pace modem in bridge mode?

Thanks in advance.
by miken » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm
I don't believe there's a way to stop WAN connection on a single port.

For bridged mode: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Pace_4111N#Bridge_mode
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by rrichard » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm
miken wrote:I don't believe there's a way to stop WAN connection on a single port.

For bridged mode: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Pace_4111N#Bridge_mode
Thank you, exactly the information I need.
by derek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:28 pm
rrichard wrote:I'm using Sonic's default modem/router, a Pace 4111N-030. Is there any way to configure this so that one PC on my LAN has no internet access but can only communicate with the other devices on the LAN (which do have internet access)? I'm pretty sure this can be done with conventional routers like Linksys, Netgear, etc.
If you "trust" the device (as in, you don't need to worry about someone using this device undoing this change), you can configure that machine with an IP/netmask, and no gateway.
5 posts Page 1 of 1