My Plan for Fiber Service in West Portal

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by kusmer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:11 pm
Hi Sonic Folks,

I see that Sonic has deployed fiber within about 5 blocks of my house in West Portal.

I'm thinking of sneaking into those impressive Sonic trucks I hear are in other neighborhoods. Then, I would rummage through the work orders, and use my forgery superpowers to craft perfectly modified work orders leading to a phalanx of trucks and smartly-outfitted technicians descending into West Portal. My neighbors and the businesses on West Portal Avenue would be freed of the tyranny of high speed internet access through an opponent of net neutrality that will remain nameless. I anticipate this would lead to a ticker tape parade for me down West Portal Avenue composed of shredded cable bills.

You folks OK with this? Better not let Dane know about it.

Sincerely,

Steve
(Happy Sonic customer for more than a decade)
by Almighty1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:47 am
Hey Steve,

Where exactly in West Portal did you see the sonic.net fiber?
by ForwardLooking » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 pm
Brilliant. Please, bring it. Sonic fiber reaches to within about 1.5 blocks from my house in West Portal. But not my block.

Whatever it takes to fire my cable-provider-who-shall-remain-nameless-that-keeps-trying-to-bill-me-for-the-cable-modem-that-I-bought-myself.
by ForwardLooking » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Any further word on West Portal - south of Taraval, east of 14th? Or is West Portal destined to be forsaken by Sonic forever due to the vicissitudes of geography?
by westportal » Wed May 27, 2020 6:54 pm
I second the request for south of Taraval and east of 14th at West Portal. High request area Sonic!
5 posts Page 1 of 1