Pace 5268AC Residential Gateway Port Forwarding Issue with virtual IP address

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by badaniya » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:25 am
I have a Pace 5268AC Residential Gateway and I have an issue with trying to setup application pinholes (port forwarding) by IP Address rather than by device. When I have a physically connected device that shows up in the registered device list on the residential gateway, then port forwarding works properly. However, when I try the same port forwarding config by manually entering the IP address, then it does not work.

I need to setup port forwarding by IP address rather then the physical device because I have an HA cluster NAS box setup for my mail server and I want the port forwarding to work using the HA cluster virtual IP address rather than the physical device IP addresses so that HA failover can happen and the port forwarding configuration should still operate fine with the cluster virtual IP address.

Please help me setup the Pace RG properly for port forwarding with the virtual cluster IP.
by badaniya » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 am
I opened up a Sonic support ticket, but it was returned stating that support technicians do not handle this type of Residential Gateway configuration.

So my gripe, is that I am renting this hardware from Sonic and would expect some level of support for configuration of this hardware. Now, If I purchased my own hardware then I would totally agree that Sonic is not responsible for supporting it. However, with the FTTN service, I do not even have the choice to purchase my own equipment and I am required to rent (so I was told). Since this is Sonic's equipment, I would expect better support than this!

Apologies to other Sonic members. Just directing my gripe to Sonic the company.
2 posts Page 1 of 1