Gigabit's in the Castro, but not in Corona Heights

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by UpprMrkt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:01 pm
I live in San Francisco. I'm on Fusion X2 because that's all that Sonic can offer in my neighborhood, which is above the Castro.

A couple of months ago, I saw Sonic employees going door to door on 17th Street (north of Market) to inform them about the coming Gigabit service, and I stopped to chat with them. I found out that I live about two blocks away from the cutoff for Gigabit connectivity. Meanwhile, a friend of mine who lives four blocks away from me (on the other side of Market) just got Sonic Gigabit and loves it.

My question is: what can we do to encourage Sonic to prioritize adding Gigabit fiber service to Corona Heights, Corbett Heights, and Buena Vista Heights? Is there a reason why we didn't make the cut (the hills, the narrow streets, the cul-de-sacs)? Right now many of my neighbors use WAVE or Comcast due to lack of other high-speed options.

Thanks.
by UpperMkt Citizen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 am
I've seen all the ad signs at the bus stops and on the sides of the 33 buses in and around 18th & Castro, S.F. so what will it take to finally get Sonic Gigabit service or Sonic Anything up to the Upper Market & Clayton St./Corbett Neighborhood? No Fusion, No Fusion X2, nothing up here except Comcast Cable and AT&T DSL @ most 3 Mbps. I've been waiting since 2012 and my neighbors and I would love to see you guys up here! Is there any planned or target date for Sonic Gigabit service for the coming new year in 2018 for this neighborhood? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Mucho Gracias!
2 posts Page 1 of 1