SmartRG firmware

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by jiceman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:18 pm
Just got service with a SmartRG gateway. The tech who did the install mentioned a firmware update. I see that the firmware is at version 2.6.1.3. Sure enough, on lmi's site, I see that 2.6.1.4 is current. Should I do an update if I see one, or is there a source from Sonic that I should use?
by jiceman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm
Am I the only one wondering? My installer mentioned a firmware update, but I don't see any information on the Sonic pages. I do see new firmware on the manufacturer's page. Is it safe to update using their firmware or does Sonic make changes?

Anyone form Sonic care to comment?
by amayfield » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm
I'm sorry about the misinformation, we don't actually have a firmware update for the SmartRG yet. We do have firmware updates for our Pace 5268 units so that's probably why it was on our installer's mind, they were just mistaken about which units were getting the update.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by kgc » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 pm
And, most importantly, Sonic manages the firmware on our equipment through our management systems.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
4 posts Page 1 of 1