Sebastopol fiber timeframe

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by dbuckley » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 pm
Hi Dane,

I was hoping you could provide some estimate of when gig fiber might be available at my apartment in Sebastopol. According to the availability check the house next door (248 Golden Ridge) has availability but our complex at 220 Golden Ridge does not.

I've been a very long time (10+ year) DSL/Fusion customer but my 13mbps Fusion connection is just not fast enough to justify $60/month. I hate dealing with Comcast and especially giving them money, but it's been a bit frustrating to be within a few feet of fiber availability and not be able to get any idea when it will be available here.

Any info at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-David
by dane » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:14 pm
We do have fiber on Golden Ridge, but my recollection was that the buildings in that complex are served by underground utilities, so building ownership would need to provide conduit from the curb, to each unit. Am I correct in remembering that the utilities are delivered underground to the units?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dbuckley » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 am
Thanks for the quick reply! I checked and you are correct, it looks like our complex has underground utilities. I'll talk to the property management and see if running conduit is feasible.
by dane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 am
dbuckley wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! I checked and you are correct, it looks like our complex has underground utilities. I'll talk to the property management and see if running conduit is feasible.
Sounds good. When they built the complex, they'd have put in conduit for utilities, and granted those to each utility. PG&E for power, AT&T for telephone, Comcast for TV. They'd need to put in a new set of conduits to each unit, in basically the same configuration they already put in for AT&T & Comcast.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1