I appreciate the response, I do; and clearly this is not the simplest thing. But if there's no way to give a realistic estimate of when fiber will drop at my address then please stop the Availability tool and emails telling me otherwise. If it might not be until January then I'd rather know that; it's not like I'm going to run off with Comcast in the meantime.
When we do update dates, it's because we've got what we believe is a good projection on the expected delivery interval. And for contingencies, we always add 60 extra days - in the past, we'd sometimes eat into this, but generally delivered within 8 days of the expected in service date.
So, the new time-lines we've pushed are, hopefully, accurate, based upon the expectations we have from the cities on permit and access timing.
That said, I am talking to team this AM about what additional info we can provide, because our normal processes are breaking down right now. The normal expectation is that we might have some portions of a project delayed, and that delay might occur once. This results in a single "we're sorry, due to construction delays things are running later than expected" email, then the problem is resolved, we go live a bit late, and orders flow. But the issues in the East Bay have left us again and again pushing dates, because new issues that were totally unexpected arose and re-cast our completion timelines again and again.
My goal is to write up some details and get those out to affected customers shortly!