Dane - for real, what's the deal with Sonic fiber in Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
205 posts Page 7 of 21
by dane » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:24 pm
No, the first we can build will be first. If we have permits, crossings, splitter cabinets up, etc. The various construction dependencies drive the schedule on this micro-scale. The whole project is quick, so it doesn’t matter much.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jessieandrob » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:05 pm
Will there be further expansion into El Cerrito? On Fusion FTTN now, but would really love to move from AT&T's infrastructure to Sonic fiber...
by curious » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:13 pm
When is the first fiber turn-on?
by dane » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm
curious wrote:When is the first fiber turn-on?
The first fiber distribution areas are expected to be activated this week. :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by MikeLitoris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 pm
Dane, any chances for Oakland buildout near the Highland Hospital Area? I saw some fiber near the Oakland High School that I didn't see before and I haven't seen ATT doing anything so I'm assuming it's Sonic's.
by Linberl1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:15 am
Hi,
I keep seeing Sonic trucks around and finding fiber optic flyers but not on my street. Any idea when you will go fiber optic in Albany on Evelyn Avenue south of Solano (Community Center block)????? I'm been a regular customer for years but want fiber.
by ankh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Do you have a Graphics Information System genius on your staff?

It'd be great to have a Berkeley/Albany street map with overlays indicating where you had accomplished

"... permits, crossings, splitter cabinets up, etc. The various construction dependencies ..."

I'm sure you know this stuff for planning.

Forgive us all for wanting to look over your shoulder, and for all the drooling and panting ....
by dane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:05 pm
ankh wrote:Do you have a Graphics Information System genius on your staff?

It'd be great to have a Berkeley/Albany street map with overlays indicating where you had accomplished

"... permits, crossings, splitter cabinets up, etc. The various construction dependencies ..."

I'm sure you know this stuff for planning.

Forgive us all for wanting to look over your shoulder, and for all the drooling and panting ....
We do have a number of such geniuses. :)

And it's the outcome of all of that which is interconnected live to our public-facing website, where consumers can look up their home address and get the delivery time-frame for their site. It's a very well grounded estimate, and fully integrated today.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:45 pm
Linberl1 wrote:Hi,
I keep seeing Sonic trucks around and finding fiber optic flyers but not on my street. Any idea when you will go fiber optic in Albany on Evelyn Avenue south of Solano (Community Center block)????? I'm been a regular customer for years but want fiber.
You can check your address for service at http://sonic.com/availability - but for current customers in areas where fiber is coming, please do not sign up for a new account using this page. The result will be two accounts, two services at the same address, delays with migration of your telephone number, etc.

Instead, you'll receive an email invitation to migrate right when your neighborhood goes live, and you'll use our Member Tools site to schedule the upgrade. The email will include a link to accomplish that, and result in the earliest possible service delivery.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by cycloscott » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 pm
I need to stop looking at the availability page. It's too damned frustrating. Latest check shows that it's only my block of Cornell that won't be getting fiber. Installation is hitting both sides of Gilman, stopping at Camelia. Then the install on Santa Fe continues down Cornell at Page. And I'm on the one block between Camelia and Page. Sucks to be me and stuck on low speed DSL.
205 posts Page 7 of 21