Dane - for real, what's the deal with Sonic fiber in Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
205 posts Page 21 of 21
by eagerlywaiting » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:01 pm
I hope they make it to Bonita soon, I see a wire/fiber with an orange tag...on a pole opposite my street (is that you sonic ?)
by igorru » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:08 pm
Looks like there was an update today on the construction permit Sonic applied for to bring the backbone fiber to the Berkeley CO. Hopefully we will see some progress on that soon, but the due date on the permit is Nov 15th and they will still need to do the construction after that.

by oxfordhouse » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:18 pm
Installation was completed today on Oxford near Cedar, and I'm now lit up with gigabit service! I'm not sure whether we're connected to the Albany CO or Berkeley CO, though.
by ankh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 pm
We got a doorknob-hanger ad from LMi yesterday, so I'd guess they're following up on blocks like ours where Sonic has gotten fiber installed.
by cmeisel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 pm
They do use sonic it seems. We had hangers as well but of course they are not available yet (since sonic is not yet) and when asking for details they sent me an email with text that they ripped off from sonic with really old updates (about waiting for a permit which is not true at all)
205 posts Page 21 of 21