unable to verify xxx-xxx-xxxx a valid (non-uVerse) AT&T land-line phone number

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Jice » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 pm
I'm going through the Sonic FTTH sign up procedure and get this message:

"We're sorry, but we were unable to verify xxx-xxx-xxxx a valid (non-uVerse) AT&T land-line phone number for the address."

The message includes my correct land line (POTS, not VOIP) phone number from AT&T. Why would Sonic be unable to verify?
by jice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:45 am
Sales says not to worry and that this is somewhat typical. We'll see.
by miken » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 pm
Woops, sorry for the confusion! Once the line is installed get in touch with support and we can initiate the number port from AT&T.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by jiceman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 pm
How long does the number port take? Initiated on Saturday Dec 9th (was told that the process would be started on Monday). When should I expect it to complete?
by miken » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 am
Number ports generally take 7-10 business days. I've left you a voicemail with some specific information though.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by jiceman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 am
Thanks!
by bobakohixy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 am
Sorry to resurrect this conversation, but I am having the same problem. I actually do have a valid (non-uVerse) AT&T land-line phone number. (POTS, not VOIP) If I go ahead and order Sonic Internet and voice, will this disrupt my current phone service in any way (before I start the porting process.) I have had this land-line number for many years and I do not want to lose it.
7 posts Page 1 of 1