Anyone else with no connectivity after firmware update?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by aaronchang » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 am
I woke up around 2 am to work, noticed no internet connection and remembered about the firmware update for the Pace modem+router...

It's now 3 hrs later and still nothing.
Done multiple broadband refreshes, reboots and hard reboots.

First I have internet performance/connectivity issues that took nearly 2 months to resolve (10/09 - 11/28) and now this!
by aaronchang » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 am
It's just nothing but problems with Sonic on my account. And there never seems to be any compensation be it credit or otherwise.

It seems the Pace device is bricked somehow (Also noticed that whenever I refreshed or restarted via the Diagnostics page, instead of reading "Success", it would say "Error" along with the usual confirmation message).

Anyway, I replaced the Pace modem+router with a Netgear DM200. Internet is back up and running.
Now to follow through on some work that I am now behind on again.

If it weren't for the spare modem I had access to...
by amayfield » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 am
I am sorry about that! We definitely want to get you a replacement unit - give Support a call at 888.766.4233 or PM me here on the forums and we'll get that done.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by aaronchang » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:15 pm
So after a week I received a replacement Pace modem/router. I expected maybe next day shipping.
It arrived with debris (from cardboard), stains, scratches, a faulty USB port and a "cracked" open housing. Also no protection whatsoever in case of rain or tossing from S&H.

My luck just gets better and better with Sonic. Again, imagine if I had no spare modem, I would've canceled already.
And if I didn't count with a modem, I would still be without internet!
Pic attached.

Attachments

4 posts Page 1 of 1