Vpn for Ipv6 support (please)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by It Home Teck » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 pm
Hi Dane Jasper, IT Team

Ia'm trying your Vpn service

Please allow https://tunnelbroker.net/

to ping my VPN WAN IP

I would like to setup a private ipv6 Network

inside my vpn connection

Or
I could
change my Ipv6 lab config
in my account

To the vpn IP

Thanks
Ipv6 student
by TDR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 pm
When is Sonic IPv6 going to become available on VPN? OpenVPN supports IPv6 on TUN devices since version 2.3, several years ago, and now they’re up to version 2.4.

I understand that, many years ago, Sonic tried enabling IPv6 by default, but didn’t have the infrastructure to handle the sudden wave of YouTube and Netflix traffic. So, IPv6 is disabled by default, and customers have to go through some effort to enable it. Few enough do so that the infrastructure is not taxed.

I do not know whether the Sonic IPv6 infrastructure has significantly improved, but I don’t expect that VPN usage is a huge amount of the traffic. Since some Sonic customers are stuck on AT&T Spy-On-You ADSL2+ and Comcast Modify-Your-Traffic cable, and I have some resources that I can only reach through IPv6, then I think we can benefit from IPv6. At least enable access to the 6rd server through VPN.

More fun facts: Netflix blocks Hurricane Electric, because last year Europeans discovered they could watch American shows via Hurricane Electric tunnels. SixXS shut down this year, because they perceived that they were being used as a crutch by ISPs to justify not supplying IPv6. We need actual Sonic IPv6.
by bubba198 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm
I too would love to see a native IPv6 support but until then HE's Fremont end point works just fine with Sonic, speed is good and IMHO this is the best non-native solution at the moment

~B
by carol.fager-higgins » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:55 pm
+1 here. I added my request back in July in the Labs section.
by anonhuman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:07 pm
Just to be clear are we saying without Sonic IPV6 vpn that ATT can see and track everything i am doing?

I have sonic vpn setup on my router for the purpose of not allowing ATT to sell my data or data mine me.

So i should turn off IPV6 for now correct?

Cause when i go to whatismyip.com it shows i have a sonic ipv4 amd an att ipv6

I don't want att tracking or selling my data. So should i turn off IPV6 for now?.
by carlsonm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:09 pm
Just to be clear are we saying without Sonic IPV6 vpn that ATT can see and track everything i am doing?

I have sonic vpn setup on my router for the purpose of not allowing ATT to sell my data or data mine me.

So i should turn off IPV6 for now correct?

Cause when i go to whatismyip.com it shows i have a sonic ipv4 amd an att ipv6

I don't want att tracking or selling my data. So should i turn off IPV6 for now?.
by Tester 411 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:52 pm
Dear user,

using
Digital ocean account to setup ipv6 maybe possible.
They run ubuntu linux
& support ipv6

Goofle
How To Setup OpenVPN Server In 5 Minutes on Ubuntu Server
use result nixcraft

Lookup how to setup a ipv6 sit tunnel
on
https://samsclass.info
under old classes

good luck
sage
7 posts Page 1 of 1