gigabit available for neighbors but not mines

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by aychen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:09 pm
Hello sonic. I recently heard about your gigabit service serving the SF area and was checking if it services my area (94121). I called to see availability and the customer rep was kind to say it was not available for my building and provided an explanation, but I did not quite understand it.

I used the online availability lookup and my address did not have available gigabit. However, I plugged in the address for the building directly to my left and directly to my right and they are eligible for Sonic gigabit service. Is there a reason why sonic does not serve my building but serves the two neighboring buildings?
by dane » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:36 pm
aychen wrote:Hello sonic. I recently heard about your gigabit service serving the SF area and was checking if it services my area (94121). I called to see availability and the customer rep was kind to say it was not available for my building and provided an explanation, but I did not quite understand it.

I used the online availability lookup and my address did not have available gigabit. However, I plugged in the address for the building directly to my left and directly to my right and they are eligible for Sonic gigabit service. Is there a reason why sonic does not serve my building but serves the two neighboring buildings?
I'd be happy to look at the details, direct message me your address here?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aychen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 pm
dane wrote:
aychen wrote:Hello sonic. I recently heard about your gigabit service serving the SF area and was checking if it services my area (94121). I called to see availability and the customer rep was kind to say it was not available for my building and provided an explanation, but I did not quite understand it.

Thanks for the quick response. I am on the on the block between 7600 and 7700 Geary Blvd, 94121. I am not yet a Sonic customer so I cannot direct message you. Is there another a way I can send you the exact address?
by dane » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 pm
aychen wrote:
dane wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I am on the on the block between 7600 and 7700 Geary Blvd, 94121. I am not yet a Sonic customer so I cannot direct message you. Is there another a way I can send you the exact address?
I don't think that Geary itself is built out yet. Is it possible that the neighbors are served via a pole on an adjacent street? In other words, do their utilities come down from the same pole or line that yours does?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aychen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 pm
dane wrote:
aychen wrote:
dane wrote:
I don't think that Geary itself is built out yet. Is it possible that the neighbors are served via a pole on an adjacent street? In other words, do their utilities come down from the same pole or line that yours does?
I am unsure if they actually have sonic gigabit service, but it says available to purchase via your website. I checked outside -- one of the neighbors that is eligible for gigabit has its overhead lines coming from the same post that leads to the apartment complex that I am in.
by pockyken007 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 pm
I thought that most Geary was underground utilities ? and the only people on Geary that might even have a chance of fiber would be the ones on the corner of the Avenues and Geary intersections where the utilities are served by the corner post .
by dane » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 am
Sonic fiber runs down 39th, and down 40th - but not on Geary at this point. So as a result, there are five buildings on that block, one on the North side and four on the South, which are not reachable at this time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1