Waiting for Church St.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by sfpeanut » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:58 am
I live on Church St. by 25th. It seems to be a dead zone along with most of Church St in Noe Valley. There are a gazillion utility lines running down Church St including Comcast, AT&T, Wave and PG&E. But the poles seem to be marked as unusable.

I am wondering if there are plans to run Sonic lines as I am patiently waiting for Gigabit Fiber?

Thanks.
by dane » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 am
Unfortunately, almost every pole on Church street is marked as overloaded, so no one can do any new construction there until those poles are reinforced or replaced.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by chadrs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 am
What about further north? Church and 15th?
by dane » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am
chadrs wrote:What about further north? Church and 15th?
Yep, all blown poles.

Eventually, PG&E will reinforce or replace them, and once that's done, we've had an opportunity to re-visit the area and re-assess.

BTW, this also means that no one else can add things to these poles, so you shouldn't see another carrier arrive with fiber either. If you do, let us know - that'd be a safety violation and competitive parity issue we should take up.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sfpeanut » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 am
Thanks for answering this and being so customer-centric! I will switch when it comes here. I suspect that there are a lot of unused wires on them, but it's such a jumble right now.
by sfpeanut » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm
Who can we contact in SF to try to get them to upgrade the poles?
6 posts Page 1 of 1