Pace Router Private IP address.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by UCS308 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm
I need to change the private gateway address of Pace Modem from Sonic to something other than 192.168.42.1 and I can't find the page in the routers configuration to that. Any ideas?

The Background

I have just installed Sonic's Pace Wifi Router and Modem and I am trying to change the device's private network address from 192.168.42.1 to something else. I am doing this because I intend to use the modem/router in bridge mode replacing a failing DLS Modem. On the other side of this unit is a cisco firewall and VPN router and it currently expects the gateway to be something other 192.168.42.1. If I have to change the Cisco to expect a different gateway, I will have trouble with routes and VPN setup, not just here but in other remote locations.
by miken » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:03 pm
You don't need to change the gateway address of the Pace if you are planning on bridging it. You can find instructions to bridge the Pace here: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Pace_5268AC#Bridged_mode
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by ankh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:31 pm
but you won't get updates, per the Wiki:

"Bridged Mode Best used when you do not want to use the residential gateway as a router or wireless access point. This prevents it from downloading automatic firmware updates, or allowing support access to it during troubleshooting. Support encourages the use of LAN Subports as an alternative.
3 posts Page 1 of 1