Problem with smart rg sr515ac wifi dropping out

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
19 posts Page 2 of 2
by inverted » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 am
miken wrote:I haven't gotten any follow up responses - so I'm not sure if people's problems are getting fixed after a factory restore or if issues are continuing and just not being addressed.
I did a factory reset yesterday. So I promise to give some feedback, regardless of the outcome.
by inverted » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:33 am
Same issues after a factory reset, unfortunately.
by bshan7426 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:27 pm
ive been having this issue 1-3 times per week. per sonic support advice, i did a factory reset and rearranged my entertainment center and subwoofer to be further away from the router to minimize interference, but i still get the wifi drops. it comes back after a router reset, but its very annoying. wired connections seem to be fine throughout. a possible explanation is interference from another apartment in the building, which i never had issues with before sonic - although the router is in a slightly different spot now. any help would be appreciated.
by ldownton » Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am
I have had the exact same problems with the wifi signal. Ive contacted support for months with the same procedures in changing the settings but i think its a fault in the actual device.
by pudgehero » Mon May 14, 2018 12:59 pm
I’ve been having the exact same problems as those stated in this thread as well. Just had Sonic installed yesterday, WiFi started randomly dropping during the day. Tried factory reset, but this morning WiFi was not working again. I am using the Smart RG Router as well for the gigabit fiber.

Has any one found a solution?

For people who have purchased their own routers, do you have this problem?
by ciccolo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:43 pm
I am seeing this as well.
by centerline » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:10 am
I have been having this problem for months with the 5Ghz Wifi. All of the below have been tried and failed to resolve the issue:

1) Set fixed IP allocations for all devices (to ensure the issue is not devices with duplicate IPs)
2) Changed 5G channel to open channel(s), also tried 'Auto' channel setting
3) Changed router location
4) Factory reset of router
5) Replacement of router

Issue still happens regularly. Issue appears to be the wifi transmitter resetting itself, as all connected devices are affected simultaneously.

One observation I have is that it seems to happen more often during periods of high usage (eg multiple devices, home all day).

This issue is a huuuge PITA!!
by miken » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:29 pm
centerline wrote:I have been having this problem for months with the 5Ghz Wifi. All of the below have been tried and failed to resolve the issue:
As you've already performed a lot of troubleshooting with no resolution, as this point we may be best off getting a new device out to you. For the same price as the SmartRG we could send you a Pace5268AC, or for a few more dollars ($12 a month) we can get you an Eero mesh network. The Eero comes with a base station and a satellite and while that should work for most situations, more satellites can be added until you have a solid home connection.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by dane » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 am
miken wrote:
centerline wrote:I have been having this problem for months with the 5Ghz Wifi. All of the below have been tried and failed to resolve the issue:
As you've already performed a lot of troubleshooting with no resolution, as this point we may be best off getting a new device out to you. For the same price as the SmartRG we could send you a Pace5268AC, or for a few more dollars ($12 a month) we can get you an Eero mesh network. The Eero comes with a base station and a satellite and while that should work for most situations, more satellites can be added until you have a solid home connection.
A new SmartRG won't fix the bug. But we do have new firmware we can push, so please do coordinate that for the folks reporting this and lets see if it's a fix!

The eero is a great solution too, but we've gotta work out if we've got a fix for the SmartRG issue or not, so that'd be the priority here.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
19 posts Page 2 of 2