Disappointing experience with Sonic sales & provisioning

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by tpkr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:06 pm
Hi all,

I've been really wanting to switch to Sonic ever since I first heard about them a few years ago. Unfortunately my experiences trying to order Sonic have been quite disappointing:

Last year I ordered Sonic Fusion service (after two people from Sonic confirmed that it was available in my building -- I live in a building called the Locale in downtown Redwood City), but a few days after the order was placed, I got a call saying that Fusion is not actually available and the order had to be canceled.

A few months ago I called Sonic to see if service had expanded to my area, and the person on the phone said it had. I asked them to confirm, explaining what happened to me a year ago, and they said that it looks like Fusion was not available then, but it definitely was available now.

Last week after I tried ordering Fusion service again. Sonic confirmed again that Fusion was available in my building, so I put in the order.

Today I got a call from the provisioning department saying that Sonic Fusion was not still available in my building. They said that I should try signing up for the FTTN service instead. They sent me to technical support who said that FTTN is actually not available for me.

It sounds like Sonic believes I have at least 2 service options available to me (Fusion & FTTN), but the reality is neither is available to me.

This is deeply disappointing -- I feel lied to multiple times by several people at Sonic. I always thought Sonic was different from AT&T and Comcast, but given the treatment I've received, I am starting to lose faith.
by tkpr » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:40 am
Another disappointing interaction with Sonic...

The person I spoke with yesterday said they would cancel the Fusion order for me. I never received any confirmation email for this, so I called today. The person I spoke with today said that the order was never canceled, but that the FTTN service was available for me. I said, no it's not, someone confirmed for me yesterday that it's not available. She simply said, oh ok, and then started the cancellation process.

I can't believe how much inconsistent information I've been given. And not actually cancelling an order that a representative said they would cancel -- that's behavior I'd expect from ATT or Comcast, not a company that claims to differentiate itself with superior customer service.

I was ready to write up an email to everyone in my building about how to cancel ATT/Comcast and switch to Sonic, but I am deeply disappointed in what I've learned about this company.

What's more puzzling is that a year ago we all got flyers in the mail saying Sonic was available in our building! I hope no one else had to go through all of this...
by tkpr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:42 am
I had another disappointing interaction with Sonic while trying to sort all of this out.

The provisioning person said that they would cancel my order and I wouldn’t be charged. However I never got a confirmation email so I called back again the next day. The person I spoke with said that the order was never canceled. Then they said that the FTTN service was available — even though someone else told me it was “definitely not available” a few days prior.
by pockyken007 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:42 am
tkpr wrote:I had another disappointing interaction with Sonic while trying to sort all of this out.

The provisioning person said that they would cancel my order and I wouldn’t be charged. However I never got a confirmation email so I called back again the next day. The person I spoke with said that the order was never canceled. Then they said that the FTTN service was available — even though someone else told me it was “definitely not available” a few days prior.

Most likely your loop is doesn't have any open card slots so technically speaking you can get the internet but because there is no open slots / cards you can't ... sadly as far as I know till the dispatch gets there , there is no way of knowing whether or not there is an open slot - mind you this is just my guess .
by m.harmon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am
That sounds frustrating. I would like to take a look at the situation. May I have your username please?
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1