When will Inner Richmond East-West get Fiber Optic?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by pamelastrongsww » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:03 am
The subject line is my question. Thanks!
by dane » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:51 pm
East/West streets in Western SF are in the engineering process now. We won't know what can be built until that survey work is completed, but it's in the works.

Thanks everyone for the support in spreading the word in the area, it's great to see it reaching viability!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by steelgaze » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:15 pm
Kind of off-topic, but what about the sunset? I know a lot of itchy homeowners waiting for a W/E build out as well.
by Guest2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:13 pm
steelgaze wrote:Kind of off-topic, but what about the sunset? I know a lot of itchy homeowners waiting for a W/E build out as well.
Since the OP asked about the Richmond District but Dane referred to "Western SF", I'm assuming that the Sunset is also in progress.
by bsb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 am
Oh please oh please oh please!!!!

We have been Sonic customers for a long time, and waiting with various degrees of patience for E/W streets in the Sunset. We are on Rivera between 19th and Sunset.

Thanks for doing the survey and I hope the results are favorable!
by danm » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm
dane wrote:East/West streets in Western SF are in the engineering process now. We won't know what can be built until that survey work is completed, but it's in the works.

Thanks everyone for the support in spreading the word in the area, it's great to see it reaching viability!
*sitting patiently with ethernet cable in hand, waiting... *

I want to convert my shell only account back to a full Sonic service account soon! Comcast, in conjunction with all of the Net Neutrality BS going on these days has me itching to have you as a provider again. :)
by Kevin22 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm
I feel the opposite. Comcast is making a compelling offer now, TV + 200 Mbps for $70/mo - price locked in for 2 years. After 15 years of avoiding them, I plan to head to the Comcast store this weekend to put in process a switch to them from Sonic.

If Sonic builds out fiber to the east-west streets by the end of 2019, I suspect I will be back. But, I will no longer pay $72 for 16-18 Mbps and a landline. And that Sonic seems to expect me to doesn't inspire confidence in them. I saw that if I was a new customer today, Sonic would provide me service for $30+modem+taxes for 1 year - which is about what the service is probably worth now. When I called in to ask for that deal, I was rejected.
7 posts Page 1 of 1