access router forbidden

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by pstjcwong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 pm
I'm trying to access my router via a browser. It was working before, but now entering 192.168.1.1 gets a 403 forbidden - "You don't have permission to access /prime-home/control-panel/login on this server." message. What am i doing wrong? Thanks.
by danielg4 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:10 am
Some routers have browser interfaces that crash periodically, necessitating turning the router off or unplugging, then back on/in.
by amayfield » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:25 pm
pstjcwong wrote:I'm trying to access my router via a browser. It was working before, but now entering 192.168.1.1 gets a 403 forbidden - "You don't have permission to access /prime-home/control-panel/login on this server." message. What am i doing wrong? Thanks.
For your Sonic SmartRG you'll need to use http://192.168.42.1/admin, that should get you to the interface of the device.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by pstjcwong » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:03 am
Thanks for the responses. I did what you suggested and found out the access url is 192.168.1.1/admin. I didn't have the "admin" portion before.
by danielg4 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm
Wow, that's pretty unintuitive. Hopefully, a redirect can be introduced before the device is rolled out in earnest.
by ccabrera » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm
Same thing worked for me - add "/admin"
by mwsecour » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:00 pm
Adding "/admin" did indeed get me to a screen where I can log on. HOWEVER, I cannot get past entering USERNAME and PASSWORD. It just comes back to a blank sign in screen.

FYI My Sonic installation was this afternoon. Everything is fine except the computers on my home network are not showing up.
by amayfield » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm
The username should be "admin" (without the quotation marks) and the password should be the same as the WiFi password listed on the router. Are those the credentials you used to log into the device? If those credentials didn't work give admin / admin a try.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1